How Do We Love Thee?
Dear Healthy Cities Volunteers,
This February, for Valentine’s Day, we are celebrating all the different ways we’re so grateful for your commitment and time.
How do we love our HCT Tutors? Let us count (some of) the ways!
We love that you:
1. …show up! Every week you take time out of your busy schedule to help a child feel better about themselves and their school work.
2. … make an effort. You bring books, games, dry erase boards, snacks and other learning tools to your tutoring sessions. Many of you get very creative!
3. … care. You email us with questions or suggestions. You ask how you can approach a learning block in a better way.
4. … have already discussed an upcoming holiday with the family and have rescheduled your tutoring session.
5. … tell us you have referred your friend, your spouse, your child, brother or sister or your neighbor.
6. … you learn, too! We love hearing the stories about the neat things your students are teaching *you* and that you’re excited to try new ways to help them understand math, reading, writing, and other subjects.
7. … that you are there. Your presence and steady hand are a shining example of the importance of volunteering and mentoring, and teaching the next generation of leaders that it’s worth their time to help others.
We hope you are feeling the love! Thank you for the amazing gift of your time and talents to our students. Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us.
The Healthy Cities Tutoring Team
P.S. Did you see our recent “Mid Year Check In” email? Check your inbox and let us know how things are going!