Read the latest “Tutor News” for important and practical information when you are an active tutor.
Find the school calendar for the whole year to find out when schools are closed and no tutoring will take place.
- San Carlos School District calendar (Arundel, Brittan Acres, Heather, White Oaks, Arroyo, Central and Tierra Linda)
- San Carlos Charter Learning Center calendar
- Clifford School calendar
- Connect Community Charter School calendar
- Fair Oaks Community School calendar
- Hawes Elementary School calendar
- Video of “Training and Orientation for New Tutors” (held 10/19/16 )
- Video of workshop “Learning Styles, everyone learns differently” (held 4/7/14). What type of learner are you?
- Video of workshop “Supporting Your Student in Math” (held on 3/4/14). Part 1 is about the “Everyday Day Math” curriculum that is being used in the elementary schools in San Carlos and Part 2 delves into the aspects of a math class in middle school.
Math games with cards and dice
Check out the following hand outs if you are looking for some strategies to use or games to play with your student to practice math facts
- Multiplication strategies
- Long division strategy
- Steps to take in solving math word problems
- Place value practice game with dice
- Top-it card game to practice addition, subtraction, multiplication
- Name that number
- Basketball addition game with dice
- Baseball multiplication game with dice
- How close to 100? – practice multiplication with the visual concept of multiplication
- Circles and Stars multiplication game
- Multiplication/Division facts table
- Addition/Subtraction facts table
- A few more math games (elementary students)
Useful websites and interesting articles to check out
- Flash cards on all topics: http://quizlet.com/
- Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Math reference site: http://mathopenref.com/
And don’t forget to check out our blog for announcements and news about Healthy Cities Tutoring!